Going to Florida December 14

 Going to Florida

December 6, 2021


     About three weeks ago, my mom and dad discussed about going to Florida, but they really did not relay that information to me they had just mentioned it. About a week ago, my mom and dad told me we are going to Florida and I could invite a friend as well since my cousins will not be there. So I invited my best friend to come along. Every time my family and I have gone, we always go deep sea fishing. It is so much fun especially when you see sharks right next to your boat! If you have a fish on, it is going to fight back and it is not like any kind of fish from around here. All fish in the ocean have teeth. When a fish is on, you better be quick when reeling it in, or else a shark might get it. 

     The most recent time I went to Florida was not just for fishing, but a college visit. I had a football and baseball visit at Webber International University. As soon as I got on campus I felt at home. The campus was very small it was only less than a seven minute walk from one end of campus to the other. If you hit a home run in left field, you were hitting it into the lake. The scenery and everything about Webber International just made me want to go there so bad. There was only one issue though; I got the offer for football as soon as I stepped foot on campus, but baseball was the main issue. I wanted to be a dual sport athlete in college and my dream has been to play both sports in Florida. I had the talk with the baseball coach, but due to COVID, I did not get the offer. They had to many players come back for an extra year. 

     I was set and stone to go to Webber International University, but every time I visit there it's like I need to go there now. It is not a want anymore, but a need. I feel like it is telling me I need to go and follow my dream of playing baseball and football in college. Maybe when I go down I will be able to talk to one of my old coaches from out there to see if there is any opportunity. Although I am just very happy I get to go visit my family in their home town Jupiter, Florida!



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Documentary Project Reflection Questions

Making The Spring Baseball Team

Halloween Weekend at Indiana University