The Final Weeks of Lake Days

Wednesday, September 15, 2021


    The Final Weeks of Lake Days

After a long, fun, exhausting summer, the lake days are finally coming to an end. When we put in our boats and jet skis at the end of April, that is when we start to get after it on the lake. Multiple hours of wakeboarding, tubing, surfing, and riding the jet skis always comes to an end at the end of September. Lake days for me are the best days because I finally get peace and quiet from everything else happening in my life. During the summer I have summer ball which I play for the whole summer and getting time away from baseball is a great thing for my brain to finally cool down. I play baseball year round and when I'm finally able to get some time to myself and enjoy life a little, the lake is the first place I go. If it's just me by myself riding on the jet ski or me and a bunch of my buddies tubing, I am finally able to have a different kind of fun. 

Since I am so consumed with baseball, it's been hard trying to go out with friends, and now visit friends at their new schools. The summer for me is the best time because all my friends and I are at the lake 24/7 making the most of it. Don't get me wrong baseball is one of the best things in my life, but I always need to step away and just take some time off. Since the season is coming to an end it's gonna be hard for me because I am always wanting to go on the lake in my free time and the water is starting to get very cold, very fast. I am a southern kid and I am always wanting to be in the water doing crazy stuff. Growing up here in Indiana you only get a few months to really go on the water and enjoy it. 

The final weeks at the lake are going to be the hardest for me until next year because I will miss it so much. I'm going to be so consumed with baseball for the fall and thinking of it just makes me need that much more of a break. Taking everything out of the water is the worst thing to do as well because there are 3 boats and 3 jet skis where I keep my stuff. My best friend Priscilla and her father have let us keep our stuff there for years now and we are so thankful for them letting us keep our watercrafts there. I am not looking forward for this summer to come to an end, but there is always a next year!Image result for cedar lake indiana

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Documentary Project Reflection Questions

Making The Spring Baseball Team

Halloween Weekend at Indiana University